1) If you are not sure what shade you want, be assured, it can never be red enough
2) any kind of henna is good
3) ideally a glo in the dark shade of red is the best
4) match the hair to the red the plastic bag attached to your child’s pram and you have a fashion statement
5) If you want to add some extra pzazz – add black tips
6) if you want to be really exotic, mix red and purple!
7) not young enough for fire engine red anymore? – Then go for dark aubergine purple!
8) if you cannot stop traffic with your looks alone, then get REALLY red hair, someone might mistake you for a traffic light (I took this photo while stuck at a traffic light the woman was far away but her hair caught my eye)
9) If you are not sure whether red is really you go for the toned down look – with different multi-coloured spikes, and don’t let anyone tell you you are too old. (if you are not sure read the poem by Jenny Joseph, when I am an old woman I shall wear purple
(ps I dont want to humiliate people so I have hidden their faces which seems only fair, makes for weird pictures, a bit Francis Baconesque, but otherwise it would be horrid. and this is meant to be a bit of fun poking, not nasty. After all if we are honest if you get to an older age and you are perky enough to go out with multicoloured spikes you are one cool old bird!)
10) And if that is still too much you can opt for black with white stripes! Like a skunk methinks? (I jest I jest)