Simple but satisfying – and it comes with a wow factor!
- 300g cod skin-off, washed and dried and salted and peppered (black pepper NOT white)
- 1 yellow skinned onion chopped into small squares
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 1/2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- squid ink spaghetti to serve (because it looks pretty) about 250g for 2 people
- bottarga to grate on top (mullet roe)
- Olive oil
- Basil leaves and flat leaf parsley leaves cut fine (but don’t bruise the leaves, use a sharp knife or a pair of scissors)
Method: in a heavy skillet saute onions in olive oil until soft, add quartered cherry tomatoes – and saute gently until nicely reduced, make space in the middle of the pan and put the cod in the middle. Keep the heat on low and cover with a lid.
At this point start boiling water in a separate pan for the spaghetti. Once the water is boiling add the spaghetti at this point the spaghetti and the fish should be ready around the same time.
Cook fish for about 6 minutes on one side when it is showing flakiness on one side turn over and cook the other side.
When it is done, gently flake the fish – plate the spaghetti into pretty bowls, add the sauce on top, then the fish and then sprinkle liberally with freshly grated bottarga. Above, each person should mix their dish at the table, as per picture below.
And this is actually my fiesta friday offering, only when it’s friday here, fiesta friday is not open, now it is, so finally I bring something to Angie’s table again!