Inspired by Jude’s last year bench photo challenge I have decided to host a fountain photo challenge. As I am late in the year – the challenge will run March to December to start with. Like benches, there are so many different fountains – from the artistic, to the functional, large, small or hidden fountains. After seeing the wonderful world of global benches I am calling for photos of fountains.
I shall post a fountain each Friday within a particular theme which will change each month. You are invited to join in by posting one or more of your own fountains within the month that fit into the theme and either add a link (ping-back) in your post to mine or link to it in a comment on my post.
To make it easier to find everyone’s posts, perhaps you could add the Tag ‘Fountain Series‘.
You don’t have to post on a Friday. Any day in the month will do. If you have loads of pictures that fit into a theme, feel free to post several times during the month or create a gallery or whatever works best for you. While I’ve never run a challenge, I am following Jude’s capable lead and letting myself be inspired by her categories, so I am feeling hopeful that this will work out :).
- February and March: Fountains in gardens
- April: Urban fountains
- May: Fountains with animals or people on or in them!
- June: Unusual details on fountains/unusual fountains
- July: Stone fountains, or fountains made of other special materials
- August: Artistic fountains – could be colour, could be anything that catches your fancy
- September: Fun fountains – fountains that made you smile
- October: Stately, fancy fountains – think Versailles
- November: A fountain typical for your country, region. Could be a fountain you can top your drinking water bottle up at, a fountain or water source with a flag, with the crest of your city on it etc.
- December: Whatever you would like
- January: old fountains, defunct fountains, repurposed fountains or fountains asleep under a blanket of snow
If you select Fountain Challenge from the Photo Challenge Menu (on the left) you will be able to look through all my photos
I look forward to seeing where your fountains take me….